Team Somerset Junior Team and junior training is suspended for 2020.
Juniors and their mentors will be invited to club rides and training sessions when group gatherings are allowed by the municipalities and agencies.
Please address any of your concerns and comments to the coach.
R.S.V.P. Coach Joe Saling
Our mission is to promote recreational cycling and competition
in young adults through our formal development and racing
programs for junior riders.
The junior development and racing programs have a multi-fold
purpose and vision:
- Ensure the long-term future of the sport of bicycle racing in
the United States by promoting fitness cycling and competition in
- Provide a structured development program (riding skills,
training, and racing) which is easy to follow for juniors and
- Provide a coached learning experience in a relaxed
- Promote the physical fitness and well being of children and
teens through the sport of cycling
- Create an enviroment of teamwork, winning spirit and positive
- Promote life skills, such as work ethic, focusing on goals,
mental fortitude, etc
- Develop the technical knowledge of the bicycle, proper bike
fit, bike handling, safe riding in traffic and rural area
- Develop basic knowledge of exercise physiology and sports
nutrition for maximum performance
- Basic and advanced competition skills including drafting,
blocking, sprinting , breakaway, team tactics and race day